Diploma Course in Mass Communication and Video ProductionGuru Nanak Dev University
Price on request
The Guru Nanak Dev University's Faculty of Arts and Social Science offers Diploma Course in Mass Communication and Video Production course to its students. The course structure for it is as follows:
Sound and Script Writing for Media
• Characteristics of sound wave & its propagation
• Acoustics, Echo
• Quality of sound, frequency reference sound/noise ratio distortions
• Factors governing the selection of mikes
• Types of cable, connectors and their uses
• Magnetic recording principles
• Sound safety, erasing, dope sheet, storage
• Mixing of sound, editing, subbing and laying tracks.
• Sound recordist’s role in production crew
• Introduction, role of writer, elements of good writing, structure of script
• Subject research- idea, visualization & script source of information.
• Writing shooting script, story board
• Formats of script writing- full and split page and semi scripted
• Writing narration
Paper-II : Introduction to Media
• Evaluation of Press and its role in different socio-scenic and practical system.
• Freedom of Press, Press, laws in India: defamation, Press & registration of Books Act 1867, Official secret act 1923, Contempt of court and Public libraries act
• Advertising meaning, role importance, different types of advertising, types of advertisement.
• Difference between advertising & PR, Public opinion, propaganda and publicity
• Public relation-concept, role & importance, PR in Govt. Public, Private sector.
• Basic camera terminology-shots movement’s angles etc.
• Camera crew-Producer, director, production manager, floor, manager, art director, make-up man, dress designer, choreographer
• Indoors or outdoors shooting