Diploma in PharmacyNorth Gujarat University
Price on request
The North Gujarat University offers various courses, Diploma in Pharmacy being one of them.
The course carriculum is as follows:
LIST OF PRACTICAL :
(A) Introduction to experimental Pharmacology :
1. Preparation of different solutions for experiment.
2. To study common laboratory animals and anesthetic used in animal study.
3. To study commonly used instrument in experimental pharmacology.
4. To study some common and standard techniques used for administration of drugs.
(B) Pharmacology of cardiovascular system. (Computer software may be used as substitute) :
1. Effect of K+, Ca++, acetylcholine, adrenaline on frog heart.
2. To study the effect of Ach on rectus abdominus muscle of frog.
3. To study the effect of Spsmogens and relaxants on rabbit's intestine.
(C) Only demonstrations or using computer software :
1. To study the effect of local anesthetics on rabbit cornea.
2. To study the effect of mydritiacs and meiosis on rabbit eye.
3. To study the action of strychnine on frog.
4. To study the effect of digitalis on frog heart.
5. To study the effect of hypnotics on mice
6. To study the test for pyrogens
7. To study the taming & hypnosis potentiating effect of chlorpromazine on mice or rats.
8. To study the effect of convulsions and anti convulsions effects on mice or rat.
9. To study the effect of analgesics on rat.(
)BASIC ELECTRONICS AND COMPUTER APPLICATIONS (THEORY):
1. Bio-statistics : 
a)Basic concepts of Statistics : Data, Data Graphic, frequency distribution measures of central tendency
(Mean, Median, Mode, Harmonic mean, Geometric mean and scattering of data (Range, Mean, deviation, Standard deviation, SEM Applications in Pharmaceutical Validation).
b)Introduction to probabilities : Binomial and Normal probabilities distribution.
c) Sample and sampling method : Sample size and its significance. Sampling techniques and their application in pharmacy.
d)Hypothesis testing (t-statistics (application in dissolution testing of solid dasage forms).
e)Correlation analysis, Correlation coefficient, Spearman's rank correlation coefficient.
f)Linear regression analysis (applications in Beer's Lamberts Curve, stability study, introduction to curve fitting techniques.
2. Computer : 
a) Introduction to computers-Introduction to i/o devices, storage devices, binary conversion, computer classification, applications of computers in pharmacy.
b) Introduction to DOS commands : File Name and different extensions, Internal and External Commands. Introduction to Windows. Use of Menu bar, Taskbar, Desktop, My Computer, Control Panel, Windows Explorer, Neighborhood, Recycle Bin.
c) MS EXCEL preparation of templates for application in pharmaceutical chemistry, pharmaceutical technology, pharmacology and pharmacognosy for example statistical treatment of data for Beer's Lamberts curve, solution of problems based on physical chemistry, pharmaceutical engineering, stability study area under the curve. Rf value and other elementary problems of pharmaceutical importance.
Special attention must be given to arithmetic expressions. Hierarchy of operation, library function such as logarithm, square root, standard deviation, sum, average, t-test. Drawing graphs in EXCEL line graph, histogram, pie chart. At least one graph for each discipline of chemistry, pharmaceutical technology, pharmacology and pharmacognosy - Editing chart features such as formatting charts, adding legends and changing data.
d) Word Processing MS WORD - 97 :
Word Essentials, Typing and Editing, Finding and Replacing, Auto correct and Auto text-Reusing Text and Graphics, Formatting Text, Formatting Paragraphs, Formatting and Sorting Lists, Page Design and Layout, Page Setup : Margins, Page Numbers and Other Items, Spell Check and Grammar Use of Thesaurus, Newspaper - style Columns, Working with Tables.
e) Introduction to E-Mail and internet-demonstration of sites of pharmaceutical interest.
f) BASIC language - Elementary programming in BASIC language - Algorithm flow chart. Solution of problems based on biostatistics and other simple problems of pharmaceutical interest.
Basics, Constants & Variables, expressions, printer controls, Jumping, Branching and Looping and subscripted Variables (sorting)
Practicals based on the topics covered in theory MS-EXCEL Stress must be given to topics of pharmaceutical interest only (e.g. statistical analysis of pharmaceutical data, stability study, area under the curve, calculation of molecular weight, calculation of solubility, buffers, filtration, acid-base titration, oxidation reduction, physical pharmaceutics, pharmaceutical engineering, etc.)
Practicals based on pharmaceutical applications of students and paired t-test-SD-SEM. Chi-square test - ANOVA regression analysis (application to stability testing) ANOVA (application in pharmacokinetics.)