Master of Business AdministrationDayananda Sagar Institutions
Price on request
DSCMIT - PRELUDE
A career in management and IT allows one to manage business and information technology. Problems transform into opportunities, which are - not just as they appear in textbooks and as numbers on a spreadsheet. The dynamic, fascinating and human problems of real business setting are unique. From the great surging tides of the global markets to the daily challenges of running a small street side enterprise, the fact of dynamism is true. DSCMIT prepares one to handle that perpetual challenge of change through campus experience that is just as very dynamically demanding as business is.
The innovative pedagogy at DSCMIT is beyond mere prescriptions. The teaching processes and methods here are extensive to include role-playing, videos, simulations, team exercises, outbound learning, problem solving, current issue analysis, industry interaction, project work, internships, competitions, presentations and lectures.
Faculty of Management Studies
Masters in Business Administration in four semesters.
Specialisation: Marketing, Human Resources Management, Finance and Systems.
To stay in tune with global competition, students are encouraged to take up project works at various reputed research institutes and industry such as:
Bangalore University - permanently affiliated
Bachelor in Business Management of six semesters
Bangalore University - Permanently affiliated
Academic Performance: 100% passes with distinctions
Hands on Learning:
Projects that students undertake here reflect the depth to which they assimilate the academics in classrooms. The projects they work upon go beyond classroom learning and get them into newer realms of knowledge that leads to extensive relearning. This difference in ability of the DSCMIT students has captured the interests of a large number of front line industries and corporates. Here we present a few of the projects taken up by the DSCMIT students:
· Formulation of effective strategies to improve the market share of HMT Watches.
· Feasibility study on working capital advance to Vijayanagar Steel Ltd., for Vijaya Bank.
· Assessment of customer perception and expectations regarding after sales service strategy of BPL Ltd with regard to medical equipment products in Bangalore.
· Performance Evaluation of CanBank Mutual Funds.
· Analysis of dealer's perception on direct cool refrigerators in Bangalore - for BPL.
· Study on role and impact of online marketing on consumer buying behaviour towards hotel and restaurants service in Bangalore - LS Software.
· Effectiveness of HLL, ENBEE advantage for a tool building company / retailer relationship for
· Report on market share analysis of LECEF and as key promoters for promotion in the competitive environment in Bangalore City for - LECEF.
· Report on customer perception towards Heritage Milk in Bangalore City for
Heritage Foods India Ltd.
· Opinion analysis of air conditioner sales/services dealers in Bangalore for Samsung.
· Effectiveness and relevance of performance appraisal system for middle level managers for
· Analysis of doctors and chemists perception towards atorvastatin and carvedilol in Bangalore City for Cipla Ltd.
· Job analysis, redesigning and implementation of selection process for insurance advisers for
· Competitive analysis of video colour televisions with other brands for Videocon Intnl.
· Consumers and retailers attitude towards Mysore Sandal Soap in Bangalore City.
· Capital budgeting process in public sector for BEL.
· Air conditioner sales and service study of dealer's attitude for Samsung India.
· Financial Performance Evaluation conducted for BEML.
· Pre-launch marketing analysis for steel cots - Godrej & Boyce.
· Comparative study on monthly income plan with competition as a short-term investment option for UTI.
· Consumer perception and purchase behaviour towards cosmetic products -
· Effective management of purity levels in Visi Coolers among retail outlets NESTLE.
· Capital budgeting process in large sector unit - HAL Ltd.
· Measurement of marketing effectiveness of ASHWA TVS through sales analysis and customer satisfaction of TVS Victor /VS Motors.
· Brand awareness & Customer expectation- a study of software professionals in Bangalore City - ABN Amro\ Bank.
· Books & Journals
· Reference Rooms
· Round the clock Internet access
· Digital Library in collaboration with British Library, U.K.
Faculty - the key drivers
DSCMIT graces itself with facilitators who are excellent in their field of discourse, ready to handle any kind of environment and subjects, with a mind set incredibly stimulating and engrossing intellectual symphony, playing off all the minds in the classroom. Like any world-class faculty they constantly engage themselves in research and consultancy in the ever-changing business & technology environment and are more focused in discovering newer ways to train business leaders and managers of tomorrow. With progression of intensive semesters, they ensure the skills and conceptual up gradation that will serve you for life, no matter what career you choose. (Please refer Mandatory Disclosure)
Business Professionals as Faculty
The eminent industry and visiting faculty represent an outstanding resource of knowledge and acumen. In keeping with its commitment to staying close to business and professional practice many faculty members are business leaders, entrepreneurs, consultants and board members. But the hallmark of the DSCMIT faculty - the aspect students remember and value most - is their extraordinary passion, commitment, and teaching skills that come alive in the vibrant classrooms. They see their mission as educating the next generation of executive and technology leadership. Because of the intensely interactive nature of classes at DSCMIT, you will know your professors and they will know you, perhaps better than any instructor you ever had in college. DSCMIT faculty makes a point of being available to students outside of class as well.
Some of the research projects of the DSCMIT faculty are:
1. Management of Strategic Assets for Karnataka Milk Federation
2. Management of Construction Projects for Shankar Construction.
3. Management of Interior Designing Projects for Aldecor Interiors
4. Management of School Activities for Palette Art School
5. Implementation of credit policy and Sales Tax and legal consulting for Henkel Loctite
6. Implementation of Accounting and Financial management for DIS Electronics and SM Interiors
7. Consultation for Commercial Activities for Mic. Deep Exports
BACHELOR OF BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
BBM facilitates students with programs intimately associated to professional standards. These programs are directly coupled to meet needs of the corporate world wherein the curriculum aims to develop the posture and philosophical skills that are crucial to perform in a competitive environment. This bachelor degree proposes to inflate managerial dexterity and adeptness via well thought-out course sculpts and activities vital to students like industrial internships, workshops, industry visits, guest lectures, presentations, management fests and seminars.
Students have excelled in many areas by participating and winning awards in a variety of programmes like sports, music concerts, management and cultural programmes organised in-house and in other institutions.