Ph.D in Foods and NutritionMaharana Pratap University of Agriculture and Technology
Price on request
Food has always been the primary concern of man in his physical environment, as it affects in a high degree, his ability to keep well, to work, to be happy and to live long. The achievement of good nutrition implies suitable agricultural methods to produce nutritive foods, make food available at a cost within the reach of all, adoption of appropriate processing techniques for the restoration of nutrients and informed homemakers and others concerned for the optimal utilization of available food material.
Individuals in any walk of life can benefit by an increased knowledge of principles of nutrition and their application. Objectives of the area are.
1. To understand the relationship of nutrition to health.
2. To gain knowledge and practical experience about the scientific principles involved in preparing and cooking foods.
3. To use various methods effectively to find out the nutrient content of different foods and to test the adulterants, spoilage and toxicants if present, in foods.
4. To plan and manage diet in the family and institutions including hospitals.
5. In disseminating knowledge of the field to the communities, in upbringing the nutritional status of family and society.
6. To plan, implement, evaluate and participate in various nutrition programmes.