Ph.D in Human Development and Family StudiesMaharana Pratap University of Agriculture and Technology
Price on request
Human Development and Family Studies is one of the important discipline of Home Science. The field is best defined as the branch of knowledge concerned with the nature and regulation of significant structural, functional and behavioural changes occurring in children as they advance in age and maturity. The objectives are:
1. To understand human development and relationship from a life span perspective and develop strategies to apply it for their personal growth and happiness.
2. To acquire an understanding of child study methods and provide and orientation to the theories of Human Development.
3. To equip the students with the job, specific knowledge and skills to be inducted in programmes pertaining to women and child - development, education and welfare.
4. To unable the students to understand the dynamics of marriage and family life in India so as to develop competencies for working with parents and community at large.
5. To develop competencies in students to organize community welfare activities for deprived section of population.
There is a nursery school attached to the department, which serves as a laboratory for UG, PG Students for their practical training.