Post Graduate Diploma in International BusinessAcademy of Business Management, Tourism & Research
Price on request
- Post Graduate Diploma
- Distance learning
Post Graduate Diploma in International Business
SEMESTER - I
Paper I - Introduction to International Trade & WTO
* Basic eligibility Criteria's to enter in to International Trade
* Pre requisites for the above
* Introduction to the Ministry of commerce & Finance and their Role in International trade.
Paper II - International Marketing - Plans and Strategies.
* Sourcing of Export Orders
* Strategies of Marketing in overseas market.
* International commercial Terms [INCOTERMS]
* Costing & Pricing for Export Products
* Trade Fairs & Exhibitions
* External constrains in selling and exemptions for the Export
* Export Credit
* Internet & E-commerce in International trade.
Paper III - Export- Import Policy of Govt. of India.
* Negative list of Exports & Imports.
* Banned items, Restricted Items and Canalised items
* Introduction of the Various Departments in the above Ministries and their Role.
* Chamber of commerce's and their Roles
* Roles of Export Promotion Councils and Commodity Boards, Export Houses, Canalising Agents, VITC-Nodal Agency of Karnataka Govt. for Exports.
* Manufacturer Exporter & Merchant Exporter.
* Physical Export & Deemed Export.
Paper IV - Export Finance
* Banking and International Trade
* Role of commercial Banks in international trade.
* Financial supports available for Exporters.
* Letter of Credits and their operations.
* Role of SIDBI & other financial Institution
* Negotiation of Export Documents.
Paper V - Export Procedures & Formalities
* Importance of documentation in Exports
* Export Documentation
* Mandatory Documents & Supporting Documents.
* International Sale is a sale of documents.
* Pre-Shipment and Post shipment documentation.
* Incentives available to Exporters, how to avail the same and how to use this for better Pricing of the export Products.
Paper VI - Import for Export Production
* What is Import and who controls the same?
* Duty Exemption Schemes for Exporters
* Advance Licenses, DEPB, DFRC etc. and their operations.
* EPCG Scheme and its operations.
* Discharging of Export obligations under the above schemes.
SEMESTER - II
Paper VII - Export Production
* Make or Buy decision
* Importance of Quality Management.
* Quality management of Inputs.
* In processes inspections and Management.
* Finished goods Pre-shipment inspection
* Type of Inspection and Agencies of Inspection.
* Export Inspection council and Export Inspection Agency of Govt. of India and their role.
Paper VIII - Packaging in International Trade
* Global Requirement of Packaging & their Importance
* Pre-treatment of Packaging Materials as per global and country Requirements.
* Recent changes and statutory requirements in packaging.
* Phytosanaitary Certification.
Paper IX - Introduction to Indian Customs
* History of the Indian Customs.
* Introduction to Customs Act of 1962.
* Responsibilities of Customs and their Role Exports & Imports.
* Customs Frontiers / Territorial Waters of India
* Custom clearance Procedures & formalities for Imports of Goods
* International Air Ports, Sea Ports and their Basic Operations and Role in Exports & Imports
Paper X - Risk Management in International Trade
* Various Types of Risk and their Management.
* Transit Risks and their management- Marine Insurance policies
* Political and commercial Risks - Role of ECGC and covers available.
* Insurance claims and Procedures
* Role of C & F and Consolidation Agents in international Trade.
* Functions of the above agents
* How to select the right agents.
Paper XI - Field Visits to:
* Inland Container Depot
* Air Cargo Complex,
* Sea Ports, etc.
Successful completion of this Programme ensures quality placements at Indian as well as Foreign Companies.
Any Graduate (candidates with work experience get preference)