Post Graduate Diploma in Personnel ManagementXavier Institute of Social Service
Price on request
- Post Graduate Diploma
Post Graduate Diploma in Personnel Management
The two year Post-Graduate Diploma in Personnel Management aims at preparing young men and women to face challenges in the domain of Human Resource Management.
Apart from the fundamental theoretical inputs in Personnel Management, Industrial Relations and Human Resource Development, the programme seeks to equip students with practical knowledge and requisite skills to be effective in their profession. Stress is laid on the development of dynamic personality by nurturing in the students, values and attitudes built on the firm edifice of keen social-awareness.
The courses content and teaching methodology is focused on the following:
* Stress is laid on the development of systematic and logical thought process in the students. The power to observe keenly and analyze critically is sought to be developed in them. To achieve this, students are involved in Case Study Exercises, Role Plays, Management Games and Seminars. They have at their ready reckoning a large library, well stocked with books, periodicals and research papers.
* Students are equipped with a workable repository of social research principles and techniques. They are initiated to and familiarized with the tools of analysis of prevalent societal problems. This enable them to diagnose social problems scientifically and analyze their impact on business and industry.
* To develop an understanding on human behavior and the ability to interact effectively with all sections of the populace. The students are given basic theoretical inputs in social work and an extensive practical exposure through social field work and industrial camps.
1. Research skills (theory & Practical)
b) Research methodology>
c) Summer Project Assignment
2. Managerial Skills
a) Principles & Practices of management
b) Communication theory
3. Economic Analysis
a) Managerial economics
b) Business environment of developing economies.
1. Organizational Behaviour
2. Personnel management
a) Labour Welfare & Industrial Health
b) Human Resource management
c) Human Resource Planning
d) compensation management
3. Human Resource development
4. Organisational development
5. Industrial Relation
6. Labour Legislations
2 Acts (Labour Laws) are covered
7. Community development & Social work
Business Management Subjects
1. Accounting & Financial management
2. Marketing management
3. Management Information System
4. Current Issues in management
a) Global Human Resource management
b) Total Quality management
c) Business ethics
d) Strategic management
e) Business Laws