POST GRADUATE TRAINING PROGRAMME FOR DIPLOMA IN CLINICAL PATHOLOGYDr. D.Y. Patil Dental College and Hospital
Price on request
- Navi mumbai
· General Pathology including Immunopathology
· Systemic Pathology
· Blood Banking including Transfusion medicine
· Laboratory organization including Quality Control
· Basic Microbiology & Clinical biochemistry
B. Techniques and their applications
· Principles of sample collection for Hematology and Clinical Pathology,
· Histopathology and cytology specimens, urine analysis, stool examination,
· Pregnancy tests, semen analysis, microbiological and biochemical tests
· Waste disposal and universal precautions
1. Fine needle aspiration cytology – Staining & interpretation.
2. Cytology of body fluids – Staining and Interpretation
1. Histopathologic techniques including section cutting
2. Haematoxylin and Eosin stain and special stains which include PAS stain, Alcian blue stain,
Recticulin stain, Masson’s Trichrome and Perl’s stain
3. Principles of immunohistochemistry and immunofluorscence
2. Preparation of Leishman’s stain and reagents for blood counts.
3. Hands on experience in different methods of Hemoglobin estimation
RBC, WBC, Platelets and Peripheral smear and Bone marrow.
4. Preparation and interpretation of Peripheral smear and Bone marrow.
5. Hemolytic workup including sickle cell preparation, Hb F & ectrophoresis etc.
6. Cytochemistry –Peroxides/Sudan black B, PAS ,LAP NSE and Perl’s stain.
7. Quality Control and use of automated cell counters.
8. Cleaning of Glass ware.
1. Blood grouping and typing
2. Cross matching
3. Coomb’s tests
4. Donor screening and blood collection
5. Testing for STS, HIV, Hepatitis B & C
6. Rh antibody titration
7. Cold agglutinin titre
8. Quality control
1. Experience in interpretation and reporting of
a) Grams stain
c) Hanging drop
d) KoH/lactophenol preparation for fungi
2. Sterilization techniques, culture methods, dentification and reporting – Training only.
3. Hands on experience and interpretation of serological tests like widal, VDRL, HIV, HBV, CRP,
Basic Biochemistry applied to biochemical investigations:-
Handling of Photocolorimeter, Spectrophotometer
PH – meter, Flame photometer, Semi Autoanalyser and Autoanalyser
Electrophoresis, Crrying out biochemical investigations like blood suger, urea, creatinine,
proteins, bilirubin, SGOT, SGPT, Allkaline Phosphatase etc.