Diploma in Food Science and Quality ControlGuru Nanak Dev University
Price on request
The Guru Nanak Dev University' offers Diploma in Food Science and Quality Control course to its students. The course structure for it is as follows:
1. Methods of evaluation and control of the various aspects of quality of raw materials, manufacturing process, testing of finished product.
2. Food adulteration ,Food additives
3. Quality criteria for following food materials
(1) Milk and milk products (ii) Oil and fats (iii) Grain, Flour and Cereal Products (iv) Fruit & Vegetable products (v) Egg, meat fish and poultry products
4. Food hazards: Antibiotics, chemicals, hormones, metallic contamination, poisonous foods
5. Basic concepts of food product development
6. Microbiology of food products: Milk and milk products, Egg, Meat, Fish and poultry, fruits and vegetables.
7. Sanitary practices and hygiene in the food plant.
8. Procurement of raw materials storage and handling of foods
9. Food plant layout, sanitation and disinfection, clean in place, food waste disposal.
1. Principle of analysis of foods.
(a) Spectrophotometry (b) Refractometry (c) Polarimetry and polorography (d) Food rhelogy (e) Viscosity (f) Surface tension (i) Freezing point
2. Chemical analysis in food
(a) Moisture, sugar, crude fiber (reducing, non-reducing), ash and types , total protein, total fat.
(b) Macronutrients_ Na, K,P,Ca, Mg. Fe, Zn, vitamins : B complex, vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, E and K
3. Naturally occurring toxins in various foods
4. Food additives : antioxidants, color , stabilizers, preservatives, flavour, emulsifiers
5. Food poisoning and Food infection, food borne illness, Mycotoxins, aflatoxins , Bacterial toxins
6. Physical treatment of food and health hazards, Irradiation , Thermal heat treatment, Benefits and hazard of genetically modified food.