Diploma in Public HealthMaharastra University of Health science
Price on request
The overall goal of training programme is to produce a competent public health specialist
who can function as a leader of health team and is able to provide effective health care at
the primary, secondary and tertiary levels.
1. Environment in community health
2. History of public health in India
3. Concepts in Community health
4. Report of various health committees
5. Principles and levels of prevention
1. Microbes of public health importance including various and parasites
Morphology examination of milk and water
2. Bacteriology examination of milk and water Collection, transportation
and lab diagnosis of microbes
3. Disinfection, sterilization and insecticide
5. Immunology: Basic principles.
1. Definition, concept, scope and objectives and functions
2. Measurements in Epidemiology
3. Association and causation
4. Disease transmission and principles of control
5. Analysis of descriptive study; time, place & personal characteristics
6. Studies in Epidemiology - Techniques and analysis
7. Epidemiology of communicable and non communicable diseases in India
8. General principles of investigation of an epidemic
EPIDEMIOLOGY SERVICES AT P.H.C.
1. Surveillance of communicable and non - communicable diseases.
Calculations of epidemic and epidemic nature of diseases, seasonal index etc
2. Surveillance and impact of health services
3. Development of health information systems
4. Updating Epidemiological skills of peripheral worker
5. Investigation and control of epidemics.
1. Social factors influencing nutrition
3. Nutritional requirements, nutritional deficiency
4. Balanced diet, Nutritional Assessments
5. Prevention of nutrition diseases
6. Nutritional programs and nutritional rehabilitation