Diploma in Special Education (Mental Retardation)Amar Jyoti Research & Rehabilitation Centre
Price on request
- In 2 locations:
The Diploma in Special Education (Mental Retardation) is recognized by the Rehabilitation Council of India, and it is run in conjunction with the National Institute for the Mentally Handicapped. The intake qualification is 10 + 2 and the duration of the course is two years. Amar Jyoti is an affiliated centre and accepts twenty applicants each year.
The course prepares the students to work as special educators in special schools, or in special class situations in regular schools and also to work in integrated set-ups in regular schools. On successful completion of the course, the special teacher will be able to:
* Identify and assess the children with mental retardation
* Develop educational programmes for home bound instructions, pre-school and post-school levels and implement them
* Manage behavioural problems
* Work for the integration of those with mental retardation in the community
* Select appropriate teaching materials and prepare whenever necessary
* Serve as a link between the rehabilitation workers and other functionaries working for the rehabilitation of persons with mental retardation.