GRE TrainingKIC Educational Mentors
- At 3 venues
The GRE (Graduate Record Examination) is a *Computer Adaptive test and is a pre-requisite for admission into different Master's and Doctorate programs in the U.S. It is a competitive examination and requires extensive preparation. It has three sections:
Verbal: 30-minute section (30 questions) - The verbal measure tests your ability to analyze and evaluate written material and synthesize information obtained from it, analyze relationships among component parts of sentences, and recognize relationships between words and concepts.
Quantitative: 45-minute section (28 questions) - The quantitative measure tests your basic mathematical skills and your understanding of elementary mathematical concepts, as well as your ability to reason quantitatively and solve problems in a quantitative setting. The content areas included in the quantitative sections of the test are arithmetic, algebra, geometry, and data analysis. These are content areas usually studied in high school.
Analytical: 75-minute section - The analytical section consists of two writing tasks: a 45-minute "Present Your Perspective on an Issue" task and a 30-minute "Analyze an Argument" task. The "Issue" task states an opinion on an issue of general interest and asks test takers to address the issue from any perspective they wish, as long as they provide relevant reasons and examples to explain and support their views. The "Argument" task presents a different challenge: it requires test takers to critique an argument by discussing how well reasoned they find it.
Different schools have different GRE score requirements. Your scores better your chances of getting admission into a particular U.S. university.
The GRE score is valid for 5 years.
The KIC - GRE Program
Highlights of the KIC - GRE program:
- Coaching in small groups (approximately 18 Students)
- Intensive classroom sessions with particular emphasis on the GRE writing - assessment and the verbal section
- Fees include the library facility with Books & CDs
- Unlimited access to the computer test room and study room
- Personalized study plan based on diagnostic test
- Score monitoring program
- Course duration in accordance with test dates
Registration procedure for the KIC - GRE program:
The registration has to be completed at the Bandra or Andheri or Ghatkopar center. Classes are conducted at Bandra or Andheri or Ghatkopar center. To enroll for the program you need to complete the following formalities:
1. Fill up a registration form (provided at the KIC Center)
2. Appear for a 90 minute diagnostic test
3. Submit 5 passport size photographs
4. Pay the fees either by cheque or cash (cheques are made payable to "KIC")