POST-GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN BROADCAST JOURNALISMJagran Institute of Management & Mass Communication
Price on request
- Post Graduate Diploma
Frequent Asked Questions
At least 50 per cent marks in graduation course (10+2+3). Those awaiting results may also apply, but their admission will be provisional.
This one-year Broadcast Journalism programme trains students to acquire the necessary skills in Television and Radio Journalism.
Apart from news gathering and anchoring, the students learn the use of graphics and undergo training in handling the camera and other equipment. Of late, with the privatization of FM channels, the demand for radio has gone up considerably. The students will be trained to understand this medium and master the craft of live reporting, news reading, radio jockeying and during talk programmes.
The academic session is divided into two semesters.
1. Communication: Concept and Process
2. Development of Media: TV, Radio, Films and Print
3. Concept of News and Current Affairs
4. Visual Communication
5. TV Journalism: Skills, Tools and Techniques
6. Television News: Reporting and Programming
7. Television: Video Editing and Production
8. Radio Journalism: Skills, Tools and Techniques
9. Radio: Writing, Reporting and Mixing
10. New Radio: Radio Jockeying and Live Reporting
11. Radio Current Affairs Programmes