Certification Preparation for IBM Rational Robot - Test 641Cres Tech
Price on request
This program combines of the Rational fundamental program with Rational expert level program into rigorous session created to speed up learning of this equipment.
The preliminary semester is developed to publicize testing professionals with the fundamentals of Rational's functional test mechanization equipment, Rational Robot. Candidates will be offered with hand on instructions, from easy record or playback methods to superior test scripting concept. Rational Test Manager will be utilized to organize & process test outcomes to assist data analysis. The target will be on applying Rational Robot to determine general automated testing challenge & building effectual, versatile test script via greatest practices & ability for usage of S.Q.A. Basic coding. At the end of this semester, principles studied will be applied to a .NET based sample applications.
The highly developed semester is created to impart candidates a foundation in the SQA Basic scripting language & automated testing methods. Learn to make finest test scripts that are more vigorous, tough and easy to uphold. This semester includes lectures, workbook-exercises & labs.
The proposed audience of the program is as follows:
• New Rational Robot, Team Test, Test Studio, or Enterprise users. The main beliefs taught in this program pertain to all surroundings that Robot supports. The program is developed chiefly for Quality-Assurance professionals who will be making use of the automation equipments.
• The spectators might also comprise Q.A. practitioner, manager, or team-leaders who are accountable for interacting with testers or who require to guarantee that equipments are being implemented fully & appropriately.
The main aim of the program is as follows:
• Describing the functions and purposes of Rational-Robot
• Navigating the Rational Robot interfaces
• Applying excellent scripting practice
• Record & play-back automated script
• Usage of Verification Points in the suitable context
• Modifying scripts to expand test capability & decrease script maintenances
• Creating data driven tests
The higher level semester will:
• Make acquainted candidates with superior concepts of I.B.M. Rational's test automation equipment.
• Enhancing candidates’ information of SQA Basic as utilized for automated testing.
• Teach the ways to make test scripts that assess a wide range of applications, functionality & provides the candidates with the aptitude to execute with the tool effectively.
The candidate must have a hard perceptive of:
• Microsoft-Windows operating system
• Microsoft-Windows application
Be recognizable with the following:
• Quality-Assurance process
• Programming values and methods
The main contents of the program are:
• Advantages of using Rational-Robot to mechanize tests
• Test scripts development processes
• Contents of a Rational-Project & test data-store
• Record, debug, and play-back methods
• Set the record & play-back options for Rational-Robot
• Develop & execute shell script
• Insert verification point & wait states to guarantee test scripts reliability & validity
• Regressions testing by use of accessible Rational Robot test script
• Use of the test log & verification points comparators to examine & analyze test results
• By use of SQA Basic to correct test scripts to expand their functionality & decrease maintenance
• Create custom verifications points
• Using data pools & data-files
• Test a .NET application
• Variable: declarations, data types, scopes
• Operator: mathematical, string, logical
• Object Scripting - Terminology, definition, common commands, kinds of properties, return-values
• Controlling Flow Structures: if¦then¦end if & select case statement; loops (for¦next; while; do¦loop)
• Using Dialog & Input Boxes
• User defined functions & sub procedures; header, source, library & template files
• Dynamic Verification Point
• Robot Debugger
• String manipulations
• Arrays: static & dynamic; single & multidimensional
• Data handling methods & routines
• Files: create, read from, write to
• Database access through S.Q.L. calls
• Win-32 A.P.I.
• COM object creations